A. The ACTI librarian is a certified library media specialist who hold a master's degree in library science/media. The function of the librarian is to provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the library program is an integral part of the total instructional program. These duties include:
1. Provide assistance, consultation and supervision to all patrons (staff and students) of the library.
2. Provide orientation in the use of all library resources to all new students, including the use of the Internet and computer resources.
3. Select, purchase and process new materials for the library.
4. Work closely with Arkansas State Library officials in acquiring funding and materials for the library.
5. Actively pursue grants and other funding for the library.
6. Recruit, train, and supervise student library assistants who assist in the daily library activities and operations.
7. Coordinate the ACTI Staff Book Club activities.
8. Conduct computer training for staff and students on information databases, computer software and new and emerging technologies.
9. Maintain Arkansas Department of Education Teacher Certification and obtain the required 60 hours of professional development each year.
10. Maintain the library Website to keep links and resources up-to-date, providing 24/7 access.
11. Maintain the library management software to provide access to library holdings.
12. Collaborate with staff in providing resources, services and materials for classroom use.
B. The ACTI Recreational Staff assists in the supervision of library assistants and patrons in the absence of a librarian.